02 February 2011

Getting Started on Meylah

So, I signed up for Meylah a few months ago and never did anything with it. I like the idea, in theory, of expanding my online offerings, especially since Etsy is packed full of sellers, but in actual practice, I have no idea what to do with Meylah. The whole thing is a little confusing. So my storefront has languished, empty and unloved, with me thinking about it every once in a while without any action.

Enter the Meylah e-Course. In a newsletter last week, Meylah offered a free e-course to a limited number of people who responded. They were, apparently, flooded with responses from people probably equally as lost as I am. A few days later they said that the course was full and sent apologies to anyone who hadn't gotten a confirmation email. Well, I didn't get any email, so I figured I didn't get into the course... until I got an email about it this morning. Well alright!

This week's lesson of the Meylah e-course is all about setting up your storefront. I'm halfway through the initial steps, and I'm looking forward to continuing. I've wanted to make tutorials for some of my projects, ones I've designed for my students and for myself, so I'm hoping this will give me the incentive to actually complete them! Hurray! (Um... I just logged back into Meylah to figure out my storefront link... and the site's down for maintenance. This does not bode well.)

I'll keep you posted and write about my experiences with the site.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Moira,
    I am looking forward to your tutorials on your Meylah storefront.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moira!

    It's Courtney (from Meylah). We are excited to help you build your new Meylah storefront and assist you with creating your tutorials through Meylah's eCourse and personal coaching! Also, just wanted to let you know that we were upgrading our servers yesterday, which is why the site was unavailable for 30 minutes in the evening.

    Feel free to contact me or anyone from our team anytime you have questions about your storefront! All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting! No worries; it gave me more time to think about what I wanted to do with my storefront! :) Looking forward to the next lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please do keep us informed! I didn't know about Meylah before so I look forward to hearing about your experience. (And right on to Courtney. Love that customer service!)

    Thanks for commenting on my bleeding hearts, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, exciting! I've been thinking about branching out to Meylah, I can't wait to hear more about what you've learned about it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...