19 February 2011

Art Journal Rhode Island: Artist Trading Cards

For our Art Journal Rhode Island meeting this month, we decided to experiment with Artist Trading Cards. ATCs are baseball-card sized miniature works of art. Artists around the globe make and trade ATCs, so we figured we'd make a night of 'em. Nick cut a stack of cards using Strathmore Acrylic Linen Canvas paper. Sometimes we work with a theme, but this month, we all did our own thing.

Nick @ Work
Nick @ Work
Nick did his background with watercolor paints. For the black card in the back, he cut out an image from his journal; everything else is done in watercolor paint.

Jen @ Work
Jen @ Work
Jen made beautiful backgrounds using a blend of acrylic paints and a piece of sponge which she had so cleverly placed in her supply bag. Excellent thinking! I'll be adding a piece of sponge to my bag o' tricks too! She added collage elements, used chalks to add shimmer, and used paint markers to add really pretty detail work.

Moira @ Moira
Me @ Work
I decided that I wanted to try my hand at making very mini versions of the dolls I've been learning how to paint in Doll Dreams. I was very pleasantly impressed with the results! In this picture I am using a FABULOUS white Uni-Ball Signo UM-153 pen from Jet Pens. I highly recommend you order one, or many, for yourself! I've tried a lot of white pens, and this is the only one that will write on ANYTHING. Very awesome!

Group's Work
The fruits of our labors!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...