19 April 2011

Magazine drawings - Isla Fisher

I decided that a good way to improve my drawing skills would be to find inspiration in fashion magazines. I tore out a bunch of pages from an old issue of Glamour. I was originally looking for pictures of feet, so I could work on drawing shoes, but I discovered that there weren't actually that many feet pictures in the mag! Instead, I found lots of fashion inspiration.

I love the yellow coat that Isla Fisher is wearing in this photograph as well as her flirty position. The proportions aren't quite right on my drawing, but I'm psyched at how much my drawing looks like the original. A few months ago, I would have sworn that I couldn't draw worth a damn and now I'm carrying my sketchbook everywhere I go! Joy!

What do you think? How did I do?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...