11 December 2010

Etsy Tips & Tricks #2: Shades of Color



I've been showing up in a lot of treasuries lately, and I've decided that the reason why is that I've recently discovery something cool on Wikipedia that I call Shades of Color. The entry includes different shades and color names in each color.  So, now, instead of just putting "blue" I try to find a more accurate color name, like "cerulean," "teal," powder blue," or whatever. Having accurate colors in my tags means that potential buyers can find myself item when they are searching for a certain color. I try to use at least two different color names in my listings if I can.

Here are some of the Wikipedia entries:

Shades of Blue

Shades of Green

Shades of Yellow

Shades of Red

Shades of Violet

Shades of Orange

2 comments:

  1. It would rock if wikipedia also posted the hex codes for those colors so people could use them on websites. I would find that useful, but don't really have the time to sort through all those colors... Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something like this?
    http://www.2createawebsite.com/build/hex-colors.html

    I used to have a link to a better one, but I'll have to see if I can track it down!

    And how the heck are you, Karissa? Where are you these days?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...