16 December 2010

Artsy-Crafty Link Round Up #1

I've been looking at tutorials and blogs all day in between bouts of cleaning. I found so many things that I wanna try, both on my own and with my students, so I decided to post a blog about my favorites.

I'm marking this one because it reminds me on these awesome woven stretch bracelets that my former roomie, Melanie, taught me how to make. She made a loom very similar to this, only much smaller, and used stretch cord. I never did master the technique, but I definitely want to try it again!

This will be a perfect project to use up some of the smaller scraps of fabric that I have in my house. I can't bring myself to throw (or give) away super cute fabric, but what the heck am I going to do with it? Now I know! Also, I really wanna get organized, and I think these baskets would be great! Stylish!

I just think my students would LOVE this cute little project, and I'd love an excuse to buy a bunch of awesome buttons. Always eye 'em up, but unless I have a purpose... Cute!

I have a purse that has these embroidered mirrors on it, and I always get so many compliments. I love that I could try this technique with all the vintage coins I have lying around my house! Fabulous!

I think there's a lot of potential with this project! Unfortunately it wouldn't work for my Bling Bling classes, since it takes a long time both to make and to dry, but I can see me making these just for the heck of it. I dunno, maybe I could adapt it for class use?

I made a jewelry display very similar to this board, but I wouldn't have thought to turn into into an inspiration board when I was done using it for jewelry. Love the idea!

I'm so freaking cheap that I just don't want to pay $5 for a crap cardboard magazine holder, you know what I'm saying? I currently have three magazine holders: 1 trashpicked, 2 picked up for 50 cents each at IKEA, but if I end up with more magazines, I'll be making one of these!

These are just so cute that I had to post 'em here. I love the idea of making my own tote bags; whether I'll ever get around to makin' some is a completely different story.

Oh man, I'll never get anything done if I keep looking at all the awesomeness that this blog has to offer! Just visit and you'll see why! Fabulous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...